This postcard view from 1900 shows the Escola Rivadávia Correia on the southeast corner of Praça da República, where the VLTs pass today. In 1900 there were two separate horse tram lines on Av. Marechal Floriano: the 1372 mm gauge Companhia de São Cristóvão (cars 51 and 154) and the 820 mm gauge Companhia de Carros Urbanos (far left).
To return to the same place on the previous page:
push Command + left arrow on a Mac
or Alt + left arrow on a PC
Return to top of text page